The Hermetic Wild West
Combat and Health Tracking (Oukonunaka)
All spells are mastered and cast under calm conditions. Spells on Red Wolf utilize the familiar spell mastery capability.
On Oukonunaka: Bar the Bullet’s Stride (Re Te 15), Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (Mu An 15), Gift of Great Fortitude (Mu Co 25), Shriek of the Impending Shafts (Re He 15)
On Red Wolf: Bar the Bullet’s Stride (Re Te 15), Shriek of the Impending Shafts (Re He 15), Armored Animal (Mu An 15 familiar effect)
DERIVED COMBAT SCORES
- Richards Conversion Army Revolver (Pistol): Initiative + 5^^, Attack + 9, Defense + 5 (11), Damage + 8 (3 AP), Range 15
- Double-Barrel Shotgun (Shotgun): Initiative + 4^^, Attack + 11, Defense + 5 (11), Damage + 10 (0 AP), 10 Range
- Springfield Model 1866 (Long Rifle): Initiative + 3^^, Attack + 9, Defense + 5 (11), Damage + 12 (5 AP), 30 Range
- Tomahawk (Hatchet): Initiative + 3^^, Attack + 5^, Defense + 5 (11)^, Damage + 4
- Bowie Knife (Dagger) Initiative +3^^, Attack + 5^, Defense + 5 (11), Damage + 4
^ = + 2 for Ride (In Battle), where applicable
^^ = + 9 more for Lightning Reflexes, where applicable
Characteristics: Strength + 1, Stamina + 3; Dexterity + 3, Quickness + 3
Abilities: Brawl (Dodging) x 1, Firearms (Pistol) x 3 (5), Ride (In Battle) x 1, Single Weapon (Hatchet) x 1, Weapon Mastery: Pistol [Mobile Firing, Point Blank, Precise Shot, Quick Draw] x 4
Equipment: (Reinforced Leather Wear, 3 Protection, 1.5 Load, Standard Cost), 2 (Pistol, + 2 Initiative, + 2 Attack, 0 Defense, + 8 Damage, – 4 Strength, 0.5 Load, Standard Cost, 15 Range), (10-gauge, 2 shots, + 1 Initiative, + 5 Attack, 0 Defense, + 10 Damage, – 2 Strength, 1.5 Load, Standard Cost, 10 Range), (Long Rifle, (Hatchet, + 0 Initiative, + 3 Attack, 0 Defense, + 4 Damage, – 2 Strength, 1.0 Load, Inexpensive Cost), (Dagger, + 0 Initiative, + 2 Attack, + 0 Defense, + 3 Damage, – 3 Strength, 0 Load)
Mobile Firing (Ranged): The weapon’s user takes no penalty for using this ranged weapon due to her own movement or the movement of her target.
Point Blank (Ranged): The warrior takes no penalties for using this missile weapon while engaged by melee fighters. She can also use this ranged weapon in forward stance, even if it is a two-handed weapon.
Precise Shot (Ranged): The character can ignore penalties to her attack total that stem from her target being engaged in melee combat or otherwise being covered or concealed.
Quick Shot (Any): Normal combat rounds assume that the participants will have time to draw weapons (or change weapons) without penalty. Even when the Storyguide determines there is not enough time to draw, characters with this capability can draw (or switch to) the associated weapon anyway.
STANDARD COMBAT SCORES
Initiative Total: Quickness + Weapon Initiative Modifier – Encumbrance + Stress Die
Attack Total: Dexterity + Combat Ability + Ride Ability (where applicable, maximum 3) + Weapon Attack Modifier + Stress Die
Defense Total: Quickness + Combat Ability + Ride Ability (where applicable, maximum 3) + Weapon Defense Modifier + Stress Die (6)
Damage Total: Strength + Weapon Damage Modifier + Attack Advantage
COMMON COMBAT MODIFIERS
Melee Attack Total Modifiers:
- Attacker is prone ( – 1)
- Attacker has high ground ( + 1)
- Defender is prone ( + 1)
Missile Attack Total Modifiers:
- Shooter is in melee ( – 1 per assailant, up to – 3)
- Shooter moved this (or the prior) round ( – 2)
- Target is running ( – 1)
- Target is in melee ( – 1 per assailant, up to – 3)
- Target is prone ( – 1)
- Target is at least half covered or concealed ( – 2)