The Hermetic Wild West
Ch 03 Characters
All characters are considered Hermetic magi for purposes of character creation.
Getting New Confidence Points (p. 20). Ignore this section and replace with the following:
All characters will receive a set number of Confidence Points at the beginning of each game session. Any points not spent during the session are lost, to be replaced by a new set at the beginning of the subsequent session. The number of points granted is based on the character’s Confidence Score:
- Score 1 = 3 points
- Score 2 = 5 points
- Score 3 = 7 points
- Score 4 = 9 points
Detailed Character Creation Summary (chart p. 29)
The following modifications apply to the chart
6. Later Life: Most magi enter formal Hermetic training at age 10. Therefore, characters will typically have 75 experience points in this step unless they’re Wealthy or Poor.
7. Hermetic Magi Only: Apprenticeship: You get the usual 240 base experience points. These points cannot be used to buy an Art rated higher than 10. You must also purchase the following minimum abilities:
- Latin: 3 (30 xp)
- Magic Theory: 3 (30 xp)
- Artes Liberales: 2 (15 xp)
- Organization Lore: Order of Hermes: 1 (5 xp)
- Parma Magica: 1 (5 xp)
8. Hermetic Magi Only: This campaign is focused toward young magi. Characters are not allowed more than 4 post-apprenticeship years.
All characters may enter play with 6 pawns of vis of their choice of arts.